Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irthy

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2009
I have a 3GS with the MB in the model number and I know it's the new boot rom because of the black rain JB which is if you had the new boot rom then you had to tether every time you wanted restart your phone which was the case for me.

Still waiting for a 3GS new boot rom un-tethered JB since day one. Will it happen for 4.0? Redsnow i thought someone said.

dread

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Thanks guys. I wonder why the push notifications aren't working. They are always unreliable for me anyway

ACardAttack

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2010
I have a 3GS with the MB in the model number and I know it's the new boot rom because of the black rain JB which is if you had the new boot rom then you had to tether every time you wanted restart your phone which was the case for me.

Still waiting for a 3GS new boot rom un-tethered JB since day one. Will it happen for 4.0? Redsnow i thought someone said.

It will happen one day, I'm wondering if there has been any mumblings about new bootroom jailbreak release date?

ozblogger

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2008

Spirit does un-tethered JB for 3GS New bootrom (3.1.3 only)
But yeah the wait for iOS4 JB is getting longer every day ...

Darwing

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2009
I tried this and it didnt work on my 3gs, MB model... now I'm stuck with 4.0 non JB's cause for some reason I cant restore my 3.1.3 even though got my shsh files on Cydia..

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2009
I am currently on Spirit JB 3.1.3 with my old bootrom 3GS.... will this guide work for me? Thanks!

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
hah decided to take the plunge, and try to sn0wbreeze jailbreak my 3GS which i know HAS the old bootrom to no avail so 3GS owners who are unsure of their bootrom don't bother trying yu'll waste your time.

yogi bear

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
hah decided to take the plunge, and try to sn0wbreeze jailbreak my 3GS which i know HAS the old bootrom to no avail so 3GS owners who are unsure of their bootrom don't bother trying yu'll waste your time.

Yes but your phone had to be previoulsy jailbroken with blackra1n for snowbreeze to work

Aero26

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2010
I have iphone 3gs 4.0 and baseband is 05.13.04. Can this software jailbreak my iphone? Initially it was 3.1.3 and base band 05.12.01 and i never did jailbreak or unlock.

yogi bear

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
What you need to to is downgrade to 3.1.2 then jailbreak with blackra1n then use this guide :) if you have jailbroke with spirit your screwed until a new jailbreak comes out

irthy

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2009
Spirit does un-tethered JB for 3GS New bootrom (3.1.3 only)
But yeah the wait for iOS4 JB is getting longer every day ...

DAMN i missed the boat on that one. I have 3.1.2. I just figured they wouldn't until 4.0 came out so apple couldn't fix the problem. Haven't been in these threads since i heard that. I think i'll keep waiting though. What's the best place besides here to know when the 4.0 new boot rom un tether jb is available?
thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.