Full Hard drive Encryption for snow leopard OSX

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sa3er, Aug 20, 2011.

1. sa3er macrumors member

Hi, many people in the world have important information on their computer and they have to encrypt their computer fully. me too!

well i herd lion OS have better filevault which encrypt full hard drive but as lion OS is suck (like microsoft's vista) and till dragon OS (like microsoft's win7) come , i have to use my lovely snow leopard (like microsoft's xp)

is there anyway to run filevault 2 on snow leopard to encrypt full computer ? if not please tell me how to encrypt my full hard drive with Truecrypt software and boot computer without problem or losing data?

please :eek:

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Not sure about using TrueCrypt but I know you can't use FileVault 2 on SL. It's pretty low level and a system process. You'd have to upgrade to Lion to get it.

Also, you may want to stop comparing OS X and Windows versions as that's really like apples and oranges.

3. sa3er thread starter macrumors member

ok tell me about truecrypt then or any software else to do that.

please :apple:

4. soundguy15 macrumors member

soundguy15

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just upgrade to Lion after a couple of releases. It always takes a while before all the bugs are fixed. Also do a clean install. That's what I did and haven't had ANY problems at all. You can't judge an OS just by what you hear. You have to try it for yourself.

5. sa3er thread starter macrumors member

well i'm not playing angry birds or happy head yoohoo god bless you america ...
    i have professional business softwares and they will not release any update for lion. i only can use snowLeo
    please advise me on that

6. Modernape macrumors regular

You can just create an encrypted folder, which might be easier. Go to Utilities>Disk Utility. Then click on 'New Image', then choose your encryption level from the drop down, name the folder, and when you click create it will ask you to enter a password for the folder. Then just move any sensitive documents into there.

7. sa3er thread starter macrumors member

my whole system is sensitive not just some files ... :eek:
    my installed finance softwares are not located on one location , my whole system must get encrypt i have nothing none-sensitive on my system !