full hd video camera for for youtube

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by fc0712, Sep 30, 2010.

1. fc0712 macrumors regular

i am searching for full HD video camera that shoots very good quality for youtube i am very serious about it i will also buy a snowball mic. the video camera should not cost more then 400$

2. chrisbrockhurst macrumors newbie

You will be able to find a flash or card based camcorder that records full HD for that price, however the issue you will have is with the sound, you wont find a HD camcorder for that price that has an audio-in jack to plug in a microphone. Believe me, I looked for a long, long time for my work (they wanted to purchase one) there is simply nothing around that meets that criteria, you would need to spend $600 up. the reason being is that the majority of people buying these flash based camcorders are your average consumer that couldn't care less about the sound quality, so they don't include the jack, and more importantly, this reduces production cost, thus keeping the cost for you to buy it down.

youl notice on the much more expensive cameras that they all have audio-in jacks, this is because the people spending this kind of money are serious about what they do - i.e film makers etc.

hope this helps

3. jdesign macrumors member

Hi, similar question to yours:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1021142

Where are you located, US? Just get a canon t2i, probably little more expensive than your budget, but it won't disappoint you.

For that price range you won't get anything better.
    it performs better in lowlight too than any other mini camcorder in that price range, meaning you don't need to worry much about lighting.

before buying a snowball try using the camera microphone first, you were saying its for youtube audience. If you are recording in a quiet environment and fairly close to the camera, the camera mic is enough.

camera focus is manual though.

4. Taximan macrumors newbie

Kodak Zi8

You could get the Kodak Zi8 a dotline led light and tripod and mic can all be had for less than the 400. Just search the camera on youtube and you will see plenty of footage.

5. fc0712 thread starter macrumors regular

i live in denmark in europe i just need a camera for that price. i will buy a snowball mic to my imac to record with it and then mix it

6. handsome pete macrumors 68000

I think he'd be better off with a dedicated video camera. Besides being way over his budget, there are many limitations and a pretty good learning curve with a DSLR.

7. fc0712 thread starter macrumors regular

8. martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

A Snowball mic is a USB device and won't work with a video camera. Or are you going to use it to add audio afterwards when editing?

9. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i recommend a canon vixia. Great little cameras. You might want to see about getting one with a mic input so you don't need to mix audio.

10. fc0712 thread starter macrumors regular

can you recomend a mic and camera the it is good together of the max price of
    500-550$

11. likeavaliant macrumors regular

12. fc0712 thread starter macrumors regular

sorry thanks for the help but i dont know so much about video cameras and mic s to them

13. martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

What do you actually want to do with the equipment? What is the material you will be shooting, where will you be doing it, what other equipment do you have, what editing do you intend to do, what is your final goal and audience?

Asking for a "camera for YouTube" is a bit like asking for tyres for a car. Without knowing more details, it is hard to recommend anything.

14. fc0712 thread starter macrumors regular

i want to have equipment so i can great very nice tech videos unboxing review and talking about new things i need an good microphone and a good camera you can se budget for that in the last post. and then i need some light to improve the quality max of that is 100$.
    thanks for the help hope you have some ideas to me

15. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

People ARE giving you advice... but you seem to be ignoring them.

I second the idea of looking at the Kodak Zi8. Although I have a Canon GL2 and a Nikon D90 (it shoots great video), I bought a Zi8 for the fun of it. I've added a few cheaper lens and a decent mic and the footage is pretty amazing for a camera that cost less than $150. With all of the lenses and accessories I bought I spent less than $300. It's a great camera for simple projects and having something that is easy to grab and go. I recommend it for anyone on a very tight budget. Else, pull out the credit card and plan to spend at least a grand or more.

If you go with the Zi8, you'll have everything you need for less than $400.

16. fc0712 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks everybody for the help i was thinking if you could give some model name to a good video camera and some lightning and a external mic. and again thanks for the help

i am not so good at english yet

17. fc0712 thread starter macrumors regular

i have now found this video camera named JVC GZ-HM330 it looks pretty good in video quality and if one of you could check if there can go and external mic in and if it can can some of you recommend one
    thanks for the help.

18. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

in these unboxing video's do you want to be seen or not? You could just use a boom/shotgun mic as it will get more uses. Or you can use a lav mic. For a cheep light. I recommend the rotolight as it can mount on your boom mic
    edit - this canon has a mic input, i don't know if the JVC one you posted as one.

19. fc0712 thread starter macrumors regular

20. fc0712 thread starter macrumors regular

if you would help me find the things you recommended maybe some links where i can buy it

21. fc0712 thread starter macrumors regular

can´t understand why canon vixia hf r100 is not on canons danish site

22. KeithPratt macrumors 6502a

We're happy to help but we're not your servants. I find Google handy.

Maybe it's known as the HF R106 in Europe.

If you want a separate mic and you're recording indoors, you'd probably be better with a basic cardioid or non-shotgun hypercardioid than a shotgun. I'm not familiar with specific models so you'll have to do your own research on that. Making it look and sound good will be down to technique (where you position the mic, lights and camera) more than anything, though.

23. fc0712 thread starter macrumors regular

24. fc0712 thread starter macrumors regular

i have looked but cant find if there are a mic input on Hf r106

25. KeithPratt macrumors 6502a

Took me less than 30 seconds to find out the answer is no.