Full jacket for iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macbook123, Mar 17, 2012.

1. macbook123 macrumors 68000

I'd like to get wraparound protection for my iPad since I don't want to get the screen scratched up and find the back too slippery. What would people recommend? Go with a full device solution like the Invisible Shield or bestskinsever? I used to have a bestskinsever and liked the feel of it but wonder if it will be adequate for the high resolution display. Should I combine the bestskinsever with a more "HD" screen protector, and if so, which one?

Thanks!

2. ArztMac macrumors regular

ArztMac

Get a back shell, i.e. the Artwizz Clip, and use an original Smart Cover. You then have the option of just clicking it in when not in use or if you want to use its stand-up feature, or take it off during reading on the couch. There won't be any cover flapping around then, which can get very annoying with full jacket cases.

3. macbook123 thread starter macrumors 68000

I was not thinking about a cover flapping around, but a stick-on clear plastic wrap-around. The Artwizz ads thickness. What is the advantage of the Artwizz over a clear stick-on rubbery/plasticky thing? Thanks!

4. ArztMac macrumors regular

ArztMac

This is true, however, the rubberized material of the ArtWizz cover is terrific to hold with one hand.

For the iPad 2 I used to have the Marware Microshell Folio, which was also great. It was very slippery however due to the very plastic-type material, if you set it against a book on a clear table, it would always slide and would not hold it's place due to the slippery material. It just wasn't the most comfortable thing to hold.

The ArtWizz just feels much better in your hand, the tactile feeling is great. It also "sticks" to the table and doesn't slide around at all.