Full jailbroken backup

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by stainlessuk, Oct 11, 2011.

1. stainlessuk macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I need to do a full iPad backup with files saved on apps like youtube saver/downloader. i then want to restore it to make it untethered and then restore my backup.

Can this be done?

2. DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX

this have been asked many time before. there is no application that would actually make a complete/full back up of your device. instead you can use multiple applications to achieve the same goal. back up all your data with iTunes and the look for a pkg backup utility in cydia, that would backup all the pkg.'s and sources in your cydia installer .app. there is a couple. i can't tell you which is better or which to use as i never used them before. is always better to start fresh than from a backup.

3. stainlessuk thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

I use PKGBackup for my iPhone, and it works pretty well. I've only had to restore once and it saved most of my settings. I don't know if I neglected to select everything or what, but I was missing some apps.

5. Siggen, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011

Siggen macrumors 6502

Alternativly to backup your list of installed packages you can just use this command
    Code:
    dpkg --get-selections > selections.txt
    This will also backup sources which is installed via a package. To issue commands like this to your iDevice, simply install Terminal or SSH and SSH to your iDevice via your computer.

After that copy the txt to your computer, or email it or whatever.

Then you can reinstall them using this command
    Code:
    dpkg --set-selections < selections.txt