Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diabloooo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
no offense, but I just don't understand why some lucky one who got a perfect(or maybe) screen tyring to deny the fact of defective ipad 3 screen, and meanwhile calling others OCD? why??? if the world didn't have an OCD like Steve Jobs, do you think Apple can survive till today? poor fans...

I totally agree with someone said that apple starts becoming a regular company and will eventually die after Jobs, as there is no more a crazy guy like Steve in the company pursuing perfection.

I was expecting iphone 5 so much, but not any more after the new iPad.

Why? Apple is dying, the spirit of pursuing perfection is gone with Jobs, and no one can stops this... the company will become a regular company creating regular products, that's it... but no pity, this is how everything in this world has to go through.

I just put my words here, cheers OCDs! The real apple died, the moon starts to wane! ;)

May Jobs rest in peace!!!

honnziva

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Hoooooly Falk. This has literally frozen my mind... my brain is locked up... Apple is dead...Honestly, I just don't understand how people are coming to this conclusion. Jobs passed on October 5 2011, the new gen iPad was well well well into testing and past design state at that point. Anyone who believes Jobs didnt know of the weight gain, and the thickness, is just being completely obtuse.

There are problems wiht some screens. I think we get it. I'll remind everyone apple doesnt manufacture the retina displays There is quality control, and then there is Over exaggeration of simple imperfections. if you're not happy take it back. however, don't proclaim the end of apple because of a dead pixel by a third party manufacturer .

diabloooo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
well in the normal development world, we all know that a testing is same critical as the design for a project, and Jobs' passing was a big thing.

No big instituation dies overnight, when the public is aware of its last couple days, it actually has started dying from 10 years ago...

Hoooooly Falk. This has literally frozen my mind... my brain is locked up... Apple is dead...Honestly, I just don't understand how people are coming to this conclusion. Jobs passed on October 5 2011, the new gen iPad was well well well into testing and past design state at that point. Anyone who believes Jobs didnt know of the weight gain, and the thickness, is just being completely obtuse.

There are problems wiht some screens. I think we get it. I'll remind everyone apple doesnt manufacture the retina displays There is quality control, and then there is Over exaggeration of simple imperfections. if you're not happy take it back. however, don't proclaim the end of apple because of a dead pixel by a third party manufacturer .

diabloooo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
it will be a complicated death, but it is emerging. the kingdom starts getting more and more illness and eventually fall.

I don't see how iPad screen issues equates to "Apple's death" anymore than antennae issues with the iPhone 4... and Steve was alive!

----------

and forgot to mention, I exchanged the new ipad 5 times, but finally give up. I will keep the 5th one, as I convinced myself this apple is not the Apple before.

Nova Sensei

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2012
Apple will eventually go the way of the dodo. It's inevitable. Of course nobody can even begin to imagine what the cause might be. But it will happen.

One's things for sure though, it won't be because a small percentage of people complained about the screen of a ridiculously popular and profitable product.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
I heard God lets SJ still run Apple from heaven. And ironically, there was a blurry picture of God holding what is believed to be some type of Apple device with a bigger screen and aluminum back. I bet he got an iPhone 5 as thanks for letting him still run the company. "apple is dead"..pfft!

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
Yeah, they are so dead they just released their highest rated product smashing all sales records in the process.

EdMan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2011
Michigan
Your statements are ludicrous to say the least.

While Apple has always been an innovative company, I will never say they're quality has been godlike.

My first Powerbook G4 had the hard drive die in the first 2 months. Apple stood behind their product and repaired it. My first iPod had to be replaced. Stuff happens. It's how a company deals with it that sets one apart from the other.

You should try reading Steve Jobs book if you want to get a true understanding of the man and the company. Apple will be fine. Steve's goal was to create a company that would out live him and live his creed. I think his legacy is strong enough for those left at Apple to"Get It". Jony Ive was just as innovative as Steve Ever was. And Tim Cook took Apple to levels they hadn't seen with logistics. It's no longer a one man show and really never was. Steve just had the vision and he instilled it.

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
OP what on earth are you talking about?!

I had to ask Borat to translate it for me :confused:

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
This post is not at all based in reality. Apple is still growing and Steve left a great legacy when he passed away. You think the worlds bigggest tech company with massive profits is dying?

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
no offense, but I just don't understand why some lucky one who got a perfect(or maybe) screen tyring to deny the fact of defective ipad 3 screen, and meanwhile calling others OCD? why??? if the world didn't have an OCD like Steve Jobs, do you think Apple can survive till today? poor fans...

I totally agree with someone said that apple starts becoming a regular company and will eventually die after Jobs, as there is no more a crazy guy like Steve in the company pursuing perfection.

I was expecting iphone 5 so much, but not any more after the new iPad.

Why? Apple is dying, the spirit of pursuing perfection is gone with Jobs, and no one can stops this... the company will become a regular company creating regular products, that's it... but no pity, this is how everything in this world has to go through.

I just put my words here, cheers OCDs! The real apple died, the moon starts to wane! ;)

May Jobs rest in peace!!!

There have been obsessive people long before Job's death that have gone through countless iPhones and iPads in a row in pursuit of a "perfect" one. This is no different than it was at the height of his career at Apple. In fact, you can find OCD people on other tech enthusiast sites as well. They are all mentally ill.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
Yes, it's showing in the share price--oh wait, not it's not. They're up yet another 13 pts. today.

So, Apple's death must be apparant in unit sales. Ah--no it's actually not. They are expected to report sales numbers well above guidance at the end of April.

Well, maybe the release of the 4S makes it obvious. Nope!! The 3GS was the same situation. Well before Steve Jobs' death. Sold like hot cakes.

Certainly the "weight gain" or increase in thickness on the new iPad shows that Apple is sliding. But have you ever looked on a ruler at the fraction of a millimeter difference in thickness we're talking about. Unless we're talking about your snap on case not fitting anymore, it's practically negligable. The weight gain is unfortunate, but also not major. And......big shocker......Steve Jobs ok'd the design of this new iPad as well.

Remember Antennagate and all the other gates? All under Steve Jobs' watch. Was Apple sliding back then too? Or was it just people making a really big deal about absolutely nothing, just like the OP.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
no offense, but i just don't understand why some lucky one who got a perfect(or maybe) screen tyring to deny the fact of defective ipad 3 screen, and meanwhile calling others ocd? Why??? If the world didn't have an ocd like steve jobs, do you think apple can survive till today? Poor fans...

I totally agree with someone said that apple starts becoming a regular company and will eventually die after jobs, as there is no more a crazy guy like steve in the company pursuing perfection.

I was expecting iphone 5 so much, but not any more after the new ipad.

Why? Apple is dying, the spirit of pursuing perfection is gone with jobs, and no one can stops this... The company will become a regular company creating regular products, that's it... But no pity, this is how everything in this world has to go through.

I just put my words here, cheers ocds! The real apple died, the moon starts to wane! ;)

may jobs rest in peace!!!

Nice Troll!!!

High five coming at yah!!!

Jobs was the figure head of Apple towards the twilight of his existance on earth.

toluene

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2012
There have been obsessive people long before Job's death that have gone through countless iPhones and iPads in a row in pursuit of a "perfect" one. This is no different than it was at the height of his career at Apple. In fact, you can find OCD people on other tech enthusiast sites as well. They are all mentally ill.

I resemble that remark!! :mad:

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
OP, this product defect panic occurs on Macrumors for every product launch. People obsess about LCD yellows, heat, fan noise, you name it. This is nothing new.

David Menzel

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2012
I'm asking myself, is this a forum category for iPad discussion threads or only for tones of retina display and battery issue threads? Every second thread in this forum is about display pink and yellow displays or battery drain.

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
I'm asking myself, is this a forum category for iPad discussion threads or only for tones of retina display and battery issue threads? Every second thread in this forum is about display pink and yellow displays or battery drain.

No kidding. I guess forum searching is a lost art.

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
I cant give you more than 1/10.

And thats only for making me reply.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.