Full price TMobile phone on AT&T network

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BritinNC, Sep 15, 2015.

1. BritinNC macrumors regular

Ok - So a very specific question, but I don't seem to be able to find the answer.

I just ordered the full price TMobile iPhone 6S Plus. My AT&T contract on my iPhone 5S runs out on the 20th. When the TMobile phone comes can I just pull out the SIM and replace it with the SIM from my 5S and it will work? No activation fee, no calling AT&T?

I haven't gone this route before, but have the mobile share plan and want to keep the $25 discount but have an unlocked phone to use here and in the UK.

Anyone help?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

You NEED to contact AT&T and get OFF the contract price. Why would you want to continue paying for a subsidize iPhone PLUS buying another?

3. BritinNC thread starter macrumors regular

I get the discount today, I just want to make sure I keep getting it. I got the discount when I signed up for the mobile share from the unlimited plan. Big thing I want to know is whether they charge an activation fee, I'll be glad to avoid that this time around if all I have to do is switch sims.

Thanks for looking out for though, I can't say I find these plans easy to understand.

4. tworth23 macrumors regular

Just take out the T-Mobile sim and replace with your att 5s sim and turn on and you're good to go.

5. tuukka87 macrumors regular

tuukka87

Did this last year with the 6+, just take out the T-mobile sim card before you turn it on, and put in the AT&T sim and you will be all set.

6. BritinNC thread starter macrumors regular