Full Priced Verizon 6s at Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nburwell, Sep 28, 2015.

1. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Since the Verizon models are GSM unlocked, I was planning on reserving and purchasing one at my local Apple Store to use on AT&T.

Considering I don't have an account with Verizon, will it be as simple as going into the store, paying full price for the phone and walking out? I just wanted to see if anyone has had any issues this past weekend with this approach.

Thanks.

2. dave420 macrumors 65816

Why would you do that? Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but if you buy the AT&T model full price it will also be unlocked. Also the AT&T model has support for an LTE band that the Verizon model does not support. This year you want the AT&T model. In past years the Verizon model was the best one to get if you were switching carriers. Also the AT&T model will work with Verizon.

Not 100% sure on what I said above, but that is my understanding. If I am incorrect maybe someone will correct me.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

You are 100% correct, if you buy an AT&T model at the Apple store and purchase full price it will be unlocked, plus yes you do get the extra band 30 on the AT&T model.

I have the AT&T model purchased outright, can confirm that it is unlocked as I have tested it with a Verizon nano sim card.

4. nburwell, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015

nburwell thread starter macrumors 68040

nburwell

The only reason I'm doing this is because my local Apple Store only has Sprint and Verizon models in stock for reservation. Otherwise, I'd be going with the AT&T model at full price. I appreciate the reply though. I'll probably hold out for the AT&T model then. I was under the impression the Verizon model was the one to get again this year since that was the case with the 6.

5. dave420 macrumors 65816

That is certainly a legitimate reason. If you can wait a little bit it may be worth holding out for the AT&T one as you said. Not sure how much the LTE band 30 will make a difference. I have heard some people say it will provide for better coverage in large populated areas like stadiums.