Full resolution photos on touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nzc, Nov 14, 2007.

1. nzc macrumors newbie

Hi,

I read somewhere on the forum that it is NOT possible to transfer photos in full resolution via itunes to the touch... is that true? because then the photo pinching feature would be pretty useless to me...

Thx in advance

NZC

2. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

iTunes/iPhoto automatically resizes your photos to somewhat larger than 480 x 320 size. I think it's a reasonable design choice on Apple's part, although perhaps having an option to set photo size would be nice.

You can alternatively install Apache on a jailbroken Touch, and load whatever photo size you want with that, and then use Safari to view images on your Touch.

3. nzc thread starter macrumors newbie

mhh that sucks... so even for a jailbreaked touch there is no way to flick through full res photos in the usual way?

I keep asking myself why apple did that? The camera connector doesnt work either apparently...

Thx for the answer

NZC

4. 667-75 macrumors newbie

I feel the exact same way. One of the main downsides of the device in my opinion. They could at least have given us the choice not to automatically downscale the pictures. Now the multitouch screen seems rather useless to me (even though other apps will prolly take advantage of it once the SDK is released), since I cannot really zoom in on the photos.

5. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

filemarkmaker for embedding full res pics in a url to transfer and view in safari

6. lupka macrumors newbie

if you install the apache webserver (available via installer), you can upload photos via SFTP and then view them in safari. this allows you to view the full size, and zoom in like any other page.

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

what are the specs for photos to be put on the touch via itunes? I point to any folder and seem to end up with maybe 90 - 95% corrupt images when viewed on touch

I found a shareware program which after processing images had my images loaded up on touch with no corruption but a lovely little unregistered version of *program name* (forgot what the program was called)