Full restore and restore from backup

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Heartcloud, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Heartcloud macrumors newbie

I'm going to upgrade to iOS8.4 (currently using 7.0.1) since the jailbreak is out. I have almost 2GB of "other" cluttering up my phone's space (16GB device, only have ~13GB of usable space), so I'd like to factory restore the device, but I don't want to lose any data (game saves, bookmarks, etc) on any of my apps, and I don't want to lose any of my pictures or phone contacts. How do I get these back without using "restore from backup" because that'll fill my phone up with that 2GB of other again?

Also, anyone had any issues with TaiG's 8.4 jailbreak? Does it work perfectly? I'm not in a hurry to jailbreak tbh since I doubt Apple is going to release a newer firmware anytime soon.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

don't know if it's possible to save all that data without the backup/restore feature. Just try it out and see if it frees up some space.

No issues on the JB on my Air 2, rMini, and 6+. All it takes is time and patience.

3. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Unjailbroken I usually have under 1gb, jailbroken I usually have between 1.6-2gb of other. Not sure in the long run you'll benefit much from it. And I never restore from a back up I have always dfu restored and set up as new...