Full screen bookmarklet (for multiple monitors)?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jent, Feb 4, 2012.

1. jent macrumors 6502a

jent

I have a nice bookmarklet (a browser bookmark that is JavaScript code) that automatically makes whatever Safari window I'm in full screen. When I connect my external monitor, though, the bookmarklet automatically moves whatever window I'm using to my Mac's internal monitor. Is there a bookmarklet for making a Safari window full screen, but only in whatever monitor the window is currently in? Thanks!

2. JeremyBechtold macrumors newbie

Safari 5.1 broke it...

sadly, this functionality has been broken in safari 5.1. I myself am looking for fixes too, as I wrote a bookmarklet (among several others) that would just resize the screen to specific sizes, but it now forces the window to jump to to the primary window.

first I thought it might be because my primary window is on the right so the locations were considered in negative values, so I tweaked my display prefs temporarily to see if the extra window being on the right would make any difference. no luck.

I alert on the script to confirm that it is in fact giving the proper x and y values, which it does, but safari 5.1 won't allow it to stay on any screen other than the the primary.

I haven't found many threads yet about this, so I would recommend that we both post it to the safari suggestions on the official feedback page ( http://www.apple.com/feedback/ ) as well as report it inside safari itself as a bug from the safari menu.

3. jent thread starter macrumors 6502a

jent

Is this still broken? I'd love to be able to click a bookmarklet and have my Safari window go full-screen on my external monitor like I used to.