Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

denisvj

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2006
Hi,

Now that I have iOS 8 GM installed on my iPhone 5S , I thought full screen caller ID was coming back but still getting the little circle for contacts .

Was I wrong ?

I read somewhere in the forums that this was working with the betas .

:(

ratch333

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2014
Full Screen Caller ID

Since you all seem to have this (which is great) can you tell me how you got it to work?? I have the latest IO8 software on my iphone 6 Plus. Any help would be great!! Does it matter if the provider is Verizon?

THANKS!!

krantiredeyes

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2013
Edit

Since you all seem to have this (which is great) can you tell me how you got it to work?? I have the latest IO8 software on my iphone 6 Plus. Any help would be great!! Does it matter if the provider is Verizon?

THANKS!!

Just click edit and move around the picture very slightly in contacts app and you will get full screen when that person calls. You should basically make the OS believe you edited the picture and it wakes up then. Silly but works.

iNich0las

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2014
Chicago, IL.
Full screen caller ID is back. If you notice, when you apply a picture to someones name, and you line up the face within the circle, it will self-adjust itself and move outside of the circle to compensate to fill the screen when you have an incoming call.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.