Full Screen Caller Photos

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by mjpentecost, Sep 25, 2014.

1. mjpentecost macrumors newbie

Sep 25, 2014
    I really miss this feature and was excited is was coming back with
    IOS 8. However it only works with one contact. Why him? I cannot find the difference in this contact and my others.
  2. smizzle macrumors regular

Sep 15, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    They seem to be working for me. Did you set up the contact photos on the iPhone or did you do it on your computer? Maybe try re-applying the photos in iOS 8 to see if they stick...
  3. sunfire7 macrumors member

Oct 23, 2012
    working fine here - iOS 8 iphone 5s using iCloud as my address book
  4. czecho7 macrumors member

Sep 3, 2010
    I think I remember reading somewhere that if you go into each contact individually and edit the photo, it'll somehow make them go full screen again. I was having this problem, went through all 76 of my contacts, and it seems to have done it.

Go to the contact, choose edit, edit the photo, just move it a little and then choose done.

Sounds like a pain in the butt, I know, but if it's really bugging you it might be worth a shot.

Maybe try it on one contact first and see if it works before doing them all. Hope that helps!
  5. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Jun 2, 2011
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Potential fix

This happened from a backup from an iPhone 5s to iPhone 6 and I fixed it by EDITING the contact photo and just re-positioning them. This didn't work for a few of them so I then DELETED/REMOVED the photo for the contact, then re-added the same photo and all as well.