Full screen changing in Quicktime

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
I know in VLC you can decide which screen the program uses when it plays a video in full screen.

Can the free version of Quicktime do this? Only I want to play some video's full screen on the external monitor and when I goto the Full Screen settings there's no option to define which screen. :confused:

Sorkvild

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2007
wow i just did that like a second ago

I too was wondering the exact same thing until I tried it. I just dragged the video's window over to the other monitor, hit fullscreen, and it worked perfectly.

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
I too was wondering the exact same thing until I tried it. I just dragged the video's window over to the other monitor, hit fullscreen, and it worked perfectly.
Unfortunately I've already tried that. It's determined that it's going to play on the macbook monitor instead of my external one. :rolleyes:

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
It's An Option In QT Player's Preferences

Open QuickTime Player Application First
Do this from the QuickTime Player Application Preferences NOT the QT System Preferences
In the QT Player Application Preferences (Command + ,)
Full Screen Pane, PopUp Menu "Full Screen"
Click on the screen layout to put a "Q" on the one you want to play full screen. That will then be where the full screen playback occurs.

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
QT Player Preferences
Full Screen Pane, PopUp Menu "Full Screen"
Click on the screen layout to put a "Q" on the one you want to play full screen. That will then be where the full screen playback occurs.
That option only seems to be there when I have a .mov open.

When I try with .avi files the screen layout isn't there? :confused:

EDIT: Ah nevermind, got around that issue by just opening Quicktime, changing the setting and then opening the file from inside Quicktime. Thanks! :)