Full Screen Contacts

pallen310

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
SoCal
So is there a easy way to get full screen contact pictures when sending/receiving phone calls? I manually assigned a pic to a contact, did a test call and it worked but since I sync my contacts with google, it seemed to eventually revert back to a thumbnail size contact pic. Anyone knows how to make it stick?

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
So is there a easy way to get full screen contact pictures when sending/receiving phone calls? I manually assigned a pic to a contact, did a test call and it worked but since I sync my contacts with google, it seemed to eventually revert back to a thumbnail size contact pic. Anyone knows how to make it stick?
This is on Googles end. They still down size the pic to like 48x48. On an android phone if you are using google+, it will use an HD pic if your contacts have google+. No way around this unless you want to move all your contacts to iCloud. At least that i can find.

tbird2340

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2008
No way around this unless you want to move all your contacts to iCloud. At least that i can find.
How do you do this? I'm having a strange issue with the pictures as well.. I even turned off Gmail under "Groups" and selected one of my contacts, assigned a photo, made a test call and it made the effin picture small again.. :mad:

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
How do you do this? I'm having a strange issue with the pictures as well.. I even turned off Gmail under "Groups" and selected one of my contacts, assigned a photo, made a test call and it made the effin picture small again.. :mad:
Yeh. Right now your contacts have down sizes pics because google converted them. If you turn off google and move them to iCloud you then need to re-add all the high res pics. Pia

whsbuss

macrumors 68040
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Yeh. Right now your contacts have down sizes pics because google converted them. If you turn off google and move them to iCloud you then need to re-add all the high res pics. Pia
Well since iOS 6 large screen images on phone calls DOES NOT WORK. I have had all my contacts and pictures on iCloud and it worked before iOS 6. Now on my IP5 I get a thumbnail of the contact in the upper right on the lock screen.

Can someone point out how to get this fixed?

whsbuss

macrumors 68040
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I just figured out that you now have to copy the pictures to your device and then add/edit the contact in the Contacts app for a full image to appear. WOW are you kidding me??

So if I have to delete my iCloud account for whatever reason I will lose these again? I had to post the images to my photo stream and then edit on my iPhone. THIS IS CRAP!!