Full Screen For All Apps - Tweak

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by RossMc, Jul 20, 2011.

1. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

chpwn has just released a beta of a tweak to make all apps full screen in Lion.

Maximizer is Lion's full-screen apps, but for every app. It adds support for Lion's full-screen to apps like Chrome and Firefox (which haven't yet been updated to support it) as well as ones like TextMate, which might never gain that support. It should work with any Cocoa app, but not Carbon ones.

To use Maximizer, you have to install SIMBL and then put Mazimizer.bundle inside ~/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins (or in the same folder in /, if you want it globally available). I probably can't help you get this installed; maybe read the SIMBL documentaiton if you get confused?

Note: Maximizer is currently in beta, and likely has compatibility issues with many applications. Some apps that work in full-screen perfectly without Maximizer might break with it, and some might not work at all. If you do get issues with Maximizer, I'd appreciate an email with the last few hundred lines from the Console app (find it with Spotlight) to help me debug the issue.

http://chpwn.com/apps/maximizer.html

2. danb77 macrumors 6502

Wow! This works very well for the apps I've tried. Excellent work. I can recommend to all.

3. stoplis macrumors regular

Thanks for this, I can now use firefox full screen! (Lions way).

4. Alveezy macrumors regular

anyone tried on Photoshop and the rest of the CS5 suite?

5. Mrguidogenio macrumors regular

Mrguidogenio

I wonder if the icon can be disabled in some apps I'd like to, like Finder. The full screen of Finder doesn't work, so having the icon is pretty pointless.

6. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Chrome has full screen.

Shift+cmd+f or go to view, full screen.

7. buckers macrumors 6502

I've been liking this plugin (used it for over a week), but for me it messes up things like Mail and iCal and other apps that officially support fullscreen. e.g. in Mail, if expand a conversation or double click on a message, it opens a new, blank fullscreen app space; same happens if I turn a page in iCal when in fullscreen. But I love fullscreen and will be following closely!