full screen issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dinesh89, Dec 5, 2009.

1. dinesh89 macrumors member

dinesh89

Hey everyone,
    I just have a question, ive currently got my macbook pro hooked up to a 23" dell lcd using vga. For some reason whenever i get vlc player to play on full screen i get the movie on the 23" but my macbook pro's screen goes black. Same thing goes for itunes visualizer and cover flow on full screen. I would like to do work or run safari on my mac's screen. there was a tweak to get this done but i seemed to have forgotten how to do so. thanks

2. MKSinSA macrumors regular

MKSinSA

3. dinesh89 thread starter macrumors member

dinesh89

im running it on extended and not mirror. still cant figure out why its doing this.

4. MKSinSA macrumors regular

MKSinSA

Didn't ask if the VLC is primary or secondary. Set it as secondary then try moving the folder the video is in to the external monitor then open the video. Full screen should work.

You might read through this article (particularly the Video Watching section) for better insight on what's happening with your setup.

HTH ... Cheers! :cool:

5. dinesh89 thread starter macrumors member

dinesh89

yea i realized what he said in that article too, how u cant do work on the other screen because it goes blank which is my exact problem. I know there is a way to overcome this as i have used few other friends setups who had this working but they arent that tech savvy to bother sadly haha.