Full screen mode for Chrome is hear!!!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Dale Sorel, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

At least that's what I just got when I updated my dev build to version 14.0.835.35.

What's extra sweet is that you can now leave your tabs as visible while in full screen mode. Before this Lion build, when you went into full screen mode all your tabs automatically went away. Now when you first go into full screen mode, there's a little icon in the top right of the screen that looks like a little house to me that if you click makes all your tabs go away. If you want them back you just mouse up to the top of the screen, pull down the View menu, then select Exit Presentation Mode.

Yay, now I have a perfectly good reason to stay with Chrome and forget about Safari!!!

2. superericla macrumors 6502

3. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

I'm a Chrome fan too...but I think you'll find that the latest Canary build has some full screen bugs to iron out. Namely, it'll just stop working after a while...instead of seeing your tabs and bookmark bar at the top, it'll just start showing you the OS X menu bar...and that's it. Only solution is to restart Chrome.

4. Dale Sorel thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

I guess that's why I'm a dev user rather than a Canary user as my understanding of the Canary builds it that they are just that little more cutting edge. The dev builds are plenty cutting edge for me.