Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mgacam2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2007
Hey guys, I was wondering if when your watching a youtube video or anything that makes the nvidia 330m kick in do you experience a lag when hitting the full screen button? I have the graphics switcher/indicator program installed and whenever I go to full screen it goes from intel to nvidia and there is a good 1-2 second delay from clicking the button to going to full screen. If I force 330m to be on at all times the lag goes away. This seem normal? You would think Apple would have ironed out this kink. It makes my computer go from feeling snappy to slow when my netbook can full screen faster.

Tegeril

macrumors member
May 12, 2004
Hey guys, I was wondering if when your watching a youtube video or anything that makes the nvidia 330m kick in do you experience a lag when hitting the full screen button? I have the graphics switcher/indicator program installed and whenever I go to full screen it goes from intel to nvidia and there is a good 1-2 second delay from clicking the button to going to full screen. If I force 330m to be on at all times the lag goes away. This seem normal? You would think Apple would have ironed out this kink. It makes my computer go from feeling snappy to slow when my netbook can full screen faster.

In my experience so far, this is normal insofar as how Apple has implemented the switch and the time it takes to execute.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.