Full screen rdc

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Horsegoer, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Horsegoer macrumors newbie

I log onto my RDC and I have it on full screen but it still does not fill my entire screen. Does anyone know if it will fill the entire screen? I love my new MBA.

Thanks.

2. jamesr19 macrumors 6502

I'm guessing you're meaning Windows RDC?
    I have a feeling it depends on the native resolution of the machine. You might be able to change this by right clicking on the desktop and changing the resolution through that.

I prefer using Apple Remote Desktop and then VNC server installed on my Windows machines. It works really well. That runs at native resolutions too so I see the screen as 1080p unless I change the resolution on the machine.

3. Risasi macrumors 6502

I also use RDC, but I prefer CoRD for this reason. Easier to change settings, and I have a couple dozen quick connections configured on the menu bar.

But it's not totally trouble free. I have issues if I'm trying to shadow users through a Terminal Server connection or run full screen while using a second monitor, but if I'm running a second monitor it's usually high-res and I might have a couple connections going to different machines at the same time, so that point might be moot.

I suggest you also give CoRD a try.