Full screen safari

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by wkl5532, Jul 23, 2011.

1. wkl5532 macrumors newbie

I really enjoy the full screen safari experience, but is there a way to make tool bar goes away??

2. Typswif2fingers, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2011

Typswif2fingers macrumors 6502

Correction... what Comeagain? says..

I thought you were talking about the address bar and the search field when in full view...

My bad

3. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

Yep. Control + Click, Right Click, or Two finger Click on the toolbar and hit "Hide 'Toolbar"

4. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

It should really be easier to bring it back...

Autohide option?

Tabs only option?

5. zero-beat macrumors member

Yeah i agree, they should have that whole top part (address bar, tabs, search) hide like the menu bar.

6. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

If there's something they should take from iOS, it's hiding the bar either by hiding after the page has loaded or when you scroll down. But that's just me.

7. WiBu macrumors member

I agree, it would be nice to have the option for the UI to scroll with the content. There would need to be an easy way to quickly get back to the top though. I realise there is a keyboard shortcut for it (Cmd+UpArrow), but there would also need to be something accessible with a mouse or touchpad.

8. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

It would be nice to have but I don't think it's necessary because users are already using the cursor to get back to the toolbar. If the annoyance only has to do with having the toolbar visible, they should introduce an option for the toolbar to act like the dock when hiding is on, once you move away from it, it disappears until you move back to it.

9. WiBu, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2011

WiBu macrumors member

True, I guess I was just in full on iOS thinking. Also something in me doesn't like the idea of something being over the content as an overlay, something that is non-static which is here one moment and gone the next with no visual consistency other than the cursor location, but that is just a personal preference more than anything.

I suppose I am just creating a problem out of nothing; I quite like having my toolbar, bookmarks and tabs always visible to me.

10. wkl5532 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, I can hide the tool bar in this way, but how do u switch between tabs when tool bar is gone? And bringing it back is a pain in the ass