Full screen Video ---text message

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by 700-Grizz, Sep 22, 2014.

1. 700-Grizz macrumors 6502

700-Grizz

I remember back in IOS7 whenever I got a video sent to me Via Text, We could play it then get it to go into Full screen mode, Now in IOS8 whenever I get a Vid and start to play it you cannot get into full screen mode? Im I missing something or is this something new (not liked lol)

2. wepiii macrumors 6502a

Took me a minute to figure it out as well... Tap the video anywhere other than the play button to go full screen

3. 700-Grizz thread starter macrumors 6502

700-Grizz

I can touch anywhere on my 6+ and all it does is start/stop the Vid?

4. wepiii macrumors 6502a

Weird. As long as I don't tap the triangle it opens bigger for me. You are just single tapping right?

5. 700-Grizz thread starter macrumors 6502

700-Grizz

Are you watching a video from a TEXT message that was sent to you? Thats my issue

6. wepiii macrumors 6502a

Yep, works the same for me on iMessage threads and text threads

7. mmmmmmmmatheus macrumors newbie

mmmmmmmmatheus

OMG I am loosing faith in Apple. this is totally obnoxious. who the heck would ever want to watch it in tiny pane in text. I have suffered this problem for like a year. they make these changes and its up to you to figure it out, beyond reading the imaginary manual that is somewhere out there. dumb dumb dumb. just play the video full scale like always please apple

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Tap anywhere on the video other than the play button and it will play full screen, as mentioned before.