Full-screen videos are playing with menu bar and dock. Help?

Asparagi39

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010

This is very annoying when watching Netflix. It started just today, and I haven't a clue why.

That's a picture of YouTube, btw.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Please use TIMG tags instead of IMG tags. Just click the EDIT button on your post and change IMG to TIMG or tIMG.
Example:

Code:
[plain][img]http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/808/screenshot20100728at326.png[/img][/plain]

Have you installed any third-party software to enhance YouTube?

What browser does that happen in? Do others browsers behave the same?

What Mac OS X and browser versions do you use?

Asparagi39

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
I'll try that...

No, I have a lot of bookmarks and such.

Yes. No luck.

Only internet videos.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
No, I have a lot of bookmarks and such.
Resetting Safari will NOT delete your bookmarks.

Since when does the problem occur, and has happened anything before that (have you installed anything, did the Mac behave strange, had another person access to your Mac via network or physical contact)?

Have a look at Activity Monitor ( Applications / Utilities / ) and select All Processes and sort by Name to see what the culprit may be.

image below uses sorting by CPU as an example

Then press CMD+A to select all processes, CMD+C to copy them to the clipboard, and paste the clipboard into your next post via CMD+V.

Asparagi39

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
In my first post I meant to say it was annoying in Hulu. I just tried it in Netflix, and the problem isn't there! Only on every other video website I've tried...

EDIT: I just downloaded Chrome...no problem!

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen

Anything bad with those? I see nothing there...
No, they are needed by the system.

If you won't mind, could you please paste all your processes in here, as there is another member with the same problem, and maybe when we can compare both process lists, we could find the culprit.

In my first post I meant to say it was annoying in Hulu. I just tried it in Netflix, and the problem isn't there! Only on every other video website I've tried...

EDIT: I just downloaded Chrome...no problem!

Has a reset of Safari worked or not?

Do you have a YouTube account? Have you installed any Safari extensions, if so, which?

RossMC, could you also be please so kind to post your stats, processes and all the info I asked from Asparagi39?

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
Didn't see this before I posted my thread about the same problem.

I have worked out that it seems to be something to do with the new Youtube video player.

When videos are playing with the old one it does not seem to happen but with the new one it does (For me anyway)

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Didn't see this before I posted my thread about the same problem.

I have worked out that it seems to be something to do with the new Youtube video player.

When videos are playing with the old one it does not seem to happen but with the new one it does (For me anyway)
What new player? The one where the volume is regulated sideways?

I just tested a video with the new (?) player and it worked without a problem in Safari 5.0 (not 5.0.1).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C54yPPiQMfw&feature=related

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
Okay it is a Safari 5.0.1 problem, I have downloaded Google Chrome and it is working fine.

Any idea where I can get Safari 5.0 from?

Everywhere I try it just keeps giving me links to download 5.0.1

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
Hmm looks like it is just Safari that it happens with for me.

I downloaded Safari 5 from the link you put up and it still does the same thing on Youtube videos.