Full Screen Watching on 2 screens

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Alienworkshoper, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Alienworkshoper macrumors member

With the HDMI mini port, is there any way to keep the second monitor on full screen while using the macbooks screen...

whenever netflix is in fullscreen the macbooks screen is black.

2. kfergiez macrumors 6502

kfergiez

Unfortunately, Netflix uses MS silverlight to run its stuff. That may be causing it. I can watch movies full screen and have the other one free if I'm using VLC but I don't know if it's possible with Netflix.

3. Alienworkshoper thread starter macrumors member

how do you do it on VLC? whenever VLC is on fullscreen on my TV itll turn fullscreen off if I do anything on the computer screen.

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

I don't know what your settings are like but I do this all the time without any issues.

Are you mirroring your screen by any chance?

5. EricT43 macrumors regular

Actually I had a similar problem/question. When I put Mail in full-screen mode on my MBP13, my secondary display just shows the grey linen background. Seems like an OS issue to me.

6. Alienworkshoper thread starter macrumors member

haha no I use dual screens. Slide the VLC movie onto my tv screen, enter full screen.. it looks great. But I can't use my computer without turning fullscreen off.

----------

Oh another thing.. every time I plug the mini port in, it changes my computers desktop picture to that annoying purple ****

7. tootall macrumors regular

Lion is like that. The second screen always shows the grey linen background when in full screen. Live lion and Mac OS, but it needs work for multiple screens...

8. snaky69 macrumors 603

Weird, something has got to be off for you two, as I'm on Lion as well and have no trouble whatsoever running something fullscreen on my external while doing something else on the laptop's screen...

9. Alienworkshoper thread starter macrumors member

nvm, figured it out.

but my comps background still changes every damn time I use the mini port.