Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shinji

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 18, 2007
I'm having an issue where when Youtube videos are viewed full screen in Safari, the entire screen goes black. If I move my mouse, it'll show the video again...but after a few seconds, it goes back to a black screen.

Any ideas? 2018 Mac Mini running Mojave.

MrWoofus

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2016
Grubville, MO
I'm having an issue where when Youtube videos are viewed full screen in Safari, the entire screen goes black. If I move my mouse, it'll show the video again...but after a few seconds, it goes back to a black screen.

Any ideas? 2018 Mac Mini running Mojave.

Go into the "Display" properties for your monitor and do a calibration. I just took all of the defaults and "Nexted" through the whole thing. Afterwards, try the videos.

Don't know why/how but, that's what worked for me. :)

shinji

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 18, 2007
Go into the "Display" properties for your monitor and do a calibration. I just took all of the defaults and "Nexted" through the whole thing. Afterwards, try the videos.

Don't know why/how but, that's what worked for me. :)

Ok, weird enough that worked for me the first time I tried to play a fullscreen video. The next time, it reverted back to the same behavior.

MrWoofus

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2016
Grubville, MO
Ok, weird enough that worked for me the first time I tried to play a fullscreen video. The next time, it reverted back to the same behavior.

Hmmm? Did you check the "Show profiles for this display only" box and is the right one still highlighted?

That's what worked in my case...sadly I'm at the limit of my knowledge on this issue ;)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 6.09.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 6.09.28 PM.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 338

CJM

macrumors 68000
May 7, 2005
U.K.
Fixes it for YouTube, not Netflix, however. Gosh is it annoying.

I'd use Chrome, but I'm pretty sure Chrome doesn't support the same high bandwidth rates as Safari.

shinji

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 18, 2007
Today's Mojave update appears to have fixed this issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.