Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haravikk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 1, 2005
I'm wondering if there are any full-size wireless keyboards out there, similar in lightness, and neatness to the Apple wireless keyboard?

As much as I love typing on and using Apple's wireless keyboard, the laptop-like profile is a deal breaker for me, which is why I still use the previous generation Apple wireless keyboard (the full-size white and clear plastic one). It's a massive shame that Apple doesn't bother to offer a full-size wireless keyboard anymore, as you'd think it wouldn't take that much extra to produce one given the existing models.

Anyway, since waiting for Apple to release one will likely see my fingers drop off before I get anywhere, I'm wondering if any third party keyboards are anything like the Apple wireless one, but with a full-sized layout including combined keypad?

haravikk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Hmm, the HP one looks promising! The Apple wireless pro keyboard is what I have now, and it's fine, but it's very heavy and chunky, while I love the newer apple wireless keyboard's soft laptop keys and light weight, but its tiny size makes it unsuitable.

haravikk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Sorry to bump, but I've recently noticed this new keyboard from Logitech and I'm wondering if anyone's got one yet? It seems similar to the current Apple Wireless keyboard but is full-size and, in theory, completely battery-free.

I'm curious to know if anyone actually has one though so I can get an idea of what it's like compared to the Apple Wireless keyboard as I love typing on those, but just can't live with the laptop layout.

My main concerns are that having the solar element at the top makes the keyboard unnecessarily tall, as you'd have thought there may be a neater way to do it. And it lacks the neat side power-button on the Apple keyboards, with again clutters the actual typing surface a bit. Still, it seems a good possible alternative, depending on the weight maybe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.