Full stops

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by gadget123, Jan 6, 2014.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

Does anybody find with IOS7 keyboard you put a full stop typing fast where as the old IOS6 one had wider keys or flatter? It's not a responsive thing but it seems the change makes typing not quite as good.

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Yes, definitely harder to type in iOS 7. I thought it might simply be autocorrect isn't as good but decided it's something to do with the keyboard itself.

3. ZacNicholson macrumors 6502a

ZacNicholson

yeah i suck at typing on iOS 7. iOS 6 i was really fast

4. batting1000 macrumors 604

Yeah, I'm continuously hitting Enter instead of the spacebar whenever I try to type fast. Never did that with iOS 6.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

I certainly miss the spacebar here and there which never really happened before iOS 7. I also mistype quite a few words that autocorrect fixes most of the time, while I never really did it as much before iOS 7. It must be something related to the spacing of the keys and the touch response associated with them.

6. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I'm pretty much useless without a physical keyboard.

7. abshole765 macrumors 6502a

Not only did I get worse at spelling with the 7 keyboard, but I'm also getting quite a few misspellings that don't even get corrected, or get corrected but that is still misspelled, or entire sentences corrected.

Also, well seems to turn into we'll whenever I type it.

8. iOSBry macrumors 6502

When I first began using iOS 7, my typing sucked but it's gotten much better. I've also noticed that auto-correction appears to be substantially improved with iOS 7.1 beta 2 - has anyone else seen that?

I wonder if loading all three dictionary's (Apples and both Oxford English dictionaries) has lead to improved auto-correction?

iOSBry

9. RokkenRock macrumors member

While I am glad that I don't have most of the problems people here encounter, knock on wood, autocorrect doesn't fix iphone to iPhone automatically like before and I have to specifically tap the word for correction. I am not quite fond of it.

10. iOSBry macrumors 6502

Have you loaded the additional dictionaries yet? Select a word, click Define and then manage and click the iCloud download icon for the additional English dictionaries (assuming you want English).

iOSBry

----------

I added a keyboard shortcut for that and many other common words, casing and email and physical addresses, etc.

Have you tried that? It works great and is a huge timesaver!

iOSBry

11. mripadmini macrumors regular

i don't seem to have that problem of mispelling words in ios 7 i think ive gotten better but i dont use the on screen keyboard very much since i got a logitech ultrathin keyboard mini for Christmas.

12. SeenJeen macrumors regular

iOS 7 keyboard feels like a step backwards.

Apps that still have iOS 6 keyboard I feel I don't make mistakes on.

iOS 7 on the other hand, feels sorta inaccurate, and I keep hitting the fricken period instead of the spacebar. Never had that problem with iOS 6 keyboard.

13. abshole765 macrumors 6502a

I had to remove my dictionaries yesterday because in B2 they caused my keyboard to lag for over 5 seconds, but before that I did have English dictionaries added & still had the problems I listed.

14. ConnYoungy macrumors 6502a

I'm constantly typing full stops instead of spaces on ios7 and it's starting to drive me insane