Full Video of Apple VP Greg Joswiak Discussing iOS 8.0.1, Apple Pay, and More Now Available

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

In late October, Apple's VP of iPhone marketing Greg Joswiak sat down for an interview with Re/code's Ina Fried and Walt Mossberg at the site's inaugural Code Conference, answering questions about iOS 8.0.1, Apple Pay, and the Apple Watch.

While we initially covered the interview when it took place, Re/code has now posted the full video footage of Joswiak's appearance at the conference, which is well worth watching for Apple enthusiasts.

During the interview, Joswiak apologized for the iOS 8.0.1 bug that bricked many iPhone 6 and 6 Plus devices, commented on the Apple Pay situation with Rite Aid and CVS, and hinted at possible Apple Watch pricing.

Joswiak's interview occurred at the same time as Tim Cook's October interview with The Wall Street Journal, and a full video of that appearance was also released earlier this week.

Article Link: Full Video of Apple VP Greg Joswiak Discussing iOS 8.0.1, Apple Pay, and More Now Available

mdridwan47

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2014
Is there anything worse than recode's video player atm? For a "Tech" news site you'd think they'd hire some decent dev/engineers.. And they don't even upload it to YouTube either.. SMH

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Is there anything worse than recode's video player atm? For a "Tech" news site you'd think they'd hire some decent dev/engineers.. And they don't even upload it to YouTube either.. SMH
yea why can't I watch a tech interview with an apple high up, doesn't play on an apple macbook. wtf recode deserve a bashing :mad:

misterpip

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2011
Is anyone else having trouble getting the video to play? All i get is a black screen when i press play. Running latest safari on yosemite.

farewelwilliams

macrumors 68040
Jun 18, 2014
yea why can't I watch a tech interview with an apple high up, doesn't play on an apple macbook. wtf recode deserve a bashing :mad:
Is anyone else having trouble getting the video to play? All i get is a black screen when i press play. Running latest safari on yosemite.
Black screen. Flash installed. Sigh at tech sites.
disable adblock in safari. finally worked for me.

bloggerblog

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2007
It went down like this, roughly:

Greg: ... a watch is fashion statement, people don't wanna be wearing the same watch as everyone else.
Ina/Ian: You mean like everybody owning an iPhone.

Um no, not like that at all Ian. You can always buy an iPhone case or skin, there are thousands to choose from, metal, leather, plastic, more than any other phone on the entire planet, you can customize your iPhone any which way you want. I doubt there'll be cases or skins for a watch Ian.

sdf

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2004
The talk about the Apple SIM coming to iPhone is pretty interesting. My immediate reaction to this was "that's great; it'll work on iPad, where the phone number doesn't really matter."

But it clearly does on the iPhone, and portability legislation aside we're years away from numbers moving between devices is really as simple as just picking a new carrier on your device. And that's probably for the best, since it's a security nightmare if your phone account can be moved that easily.

Nicksd84

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I couldn't watch that whole thing. His responses were way too fast and cliche. Sounded like a typical corporate blowhard instead of an Apple representative.

X-X

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2014
I couldn't watch that whole thing. His responses were way too fast and cliche. Sounded like a typical corporate blowhard instead of an Apple representative.
Get used to it, that's the new Apple.

Quu

macrumors 68030
Apr 2, 2007
I think Ina's joke about everyone having the same phone was funny.

Also Recode's video player absolutely sucks. It took ages to get it to play then halfway through the video stopped and it took several minutes before it would start again. Just sucks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.