Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shawk93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2013
Hey there guys,

1. I was just wondering whether the fullscreen use of programs/apps(like Spotify, Skype, iTunes) drains more battery life than just the windowed mode. Is that the case?:confused:
2. I heard the rumor that Macs are super advanced in battery management as they only use the power supply after the battery is on 100%. Is that true?:confused:

Nov 28, 2010
located
1. Full screen mode should not have an effect on battery life, unless the application uses more CPU and other resources when in full screen mode.

2. They also use the power supply while not being charged to 100 %.

• BATTERY INFORMATION
  • BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE
  • AC POWER
  • CALIBRATION
  • BATTERY LIFESPAN
  • CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH
  • CHARGING
  • WHAT IS A CYCLE?
  • BATTERIES ARE NOT COVERED
  • BULGING OR SWELLING BATTERY

Shawk93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2013
1. Thanks!
2. I actually meant after they're fully loaded. I was just wondering whether it's 100%->99%->100%->99% aso or it stays at 100% and the mac drains the necessary power only from the supply itself without any involvement of the battery.

Nov 28, 2010
located
1. Thanks!
2. I actually meant after they're fully loaded. I was just wondering whether it's 100%->99%->100%->99% aso or it stays at 100% and the mac drains the necessary power only from the supply itself without any involvement of the battery.

Once the battery is fully charged, which begins at 96%, the rest of the charge (the remaining 4%) might vary, thus the Mac is sometimes fully charged at 96%, 97%, 98%, 99% or 100%. It is NOT A DEFECT.

Also make sure to read the FAQ I linked to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.