Fullscreen apps in Lion for mid 2009 White Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by myrtlebee, Aug 29, 2011.

1. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Does anyone know how well fullscreen apps work, if at all, on a mid 2009 white MacBook (pre-unibody model without the multitouch trackpad). Also, is there a keyboard shortcut to swap between fullscreen apps? Thank you.

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

You can create a keyboard shortcut to switch between the desktops.

If you already use one to switch through Spaces, Lion will import it for use in Mission Control.

My key-combo is Command+Option+arrow.

I don't think swiping would be the most effective way to swap spaces on this model. It would be better to activate Mission Control and click the app or desktop you want. The Exposé button on your keyboard will automatically be repurposed for Mission Control, also.

3. myrtlebee thread starter macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Great. Hopefully a two-key shortcut would be allowed because a 3-key shortcut is a bit cumbersome for me. One more question- does two finger swipe from side to side switch between web pages in Safari as it does on a multitouch trackpad? Thanks!

4. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

I can't tell you the dynamics of non-multitouch trackpads, but I would assume that since scrolling is the same, perhaps other two-finger gestures are the same.

From what I hear, if you hover your mouse over an App's icon in the Dock and swipe up, it will reveal all windows for that app.

I would recommend setting up Hot Corners with keys as well. For instance, if I hold the Command key and move my mouse to the top-right corner, it will activate Launchpad. This can be done quickly, with one hand, and the addition of the Command key eliminates inadvertent activation.

When setting up Hot Corners, just click the pull-down menu, then hold a modifier key.

You can create 2-key shortcuts as well. I use mine because Option+Arrow or Command+Arrow is often taken by other apps, which breaks their usefulness. As well, I can reach all three keys with one hand without really reaching.