Fullscreen on External

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tjb1, Jan 24, 2011.

1. tjb1 macrumors 68000

I like to watch hulu because most tv during the day sucks...is there anyway to make the video full screen on the external and still be able to use the mbp screen?

2. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

Yes, just hit Command+F to make Hulu not full screen, drag your Hulu window to your external monitor, then hit Command+F again..

3. tjb1 thread starter macrumors 68000

...yes I know how to make it full screen but when you do that it makes the mbp screen unusable.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Go to System Preferences > Displays > Arrangement and uncheck "Mirror Displays"

5. tjb1 thread starter macrumors 68000

They arent mirrored...im dragging a tab from chrome to the other display. Making it fit the tv using Cinch and then using the "Full Screen" in the video to make the video fit the screen. This then makes the MacbookPro screen unusable unless you minimize the video.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Ahh. You didn't mention before that you were using Chrome or Cinch. It works fine on native Safari. I'm doing it now.

7. tjb1 thread starter macrumors 68000

I just tried it with Safari, it makes the main screen unusable because if you click it comes out of full screen on the external.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

DSC00006.JPG

As you can see, it's working fine here. I wonder if Cinch is interfering with normal operation.

9. tjb1 thread starter macrumors 68000

Tried it with 2 safari windows not using cinch to size and still wont work for me...

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm not sure why it won't work for you. I wish I could be of more help. I hope it works out!