Fullscreen problem

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Sicutz, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Sicutz macrumors member

hey guys,

I´m watching lot´s of streams on twitch.tv, but I got a problem with that on my macbook.

I´m watching the stream on my 27" in fullscreen mode, but if I want to look a short youtube video, or whatever, and mute my stream, it goes off fullscreen if I click on anything except the fullscreen (if I click somewhere on the 27", twich.tv playing, muted, still fullscreen = stay fullscreen, clicking on anything on 13" = instand non fullscreen).

Is there a option to deny this?

Greetings from germany.

2. Sicutz thread starter macrumors member

Still searching for a solution..

Apple support don´t want to help me.

3. Sicutz thread starter macrumors member

4. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

There are two types of full screen.

1) OS X native full screen. This is where you click on the full screen button on the top right corner of the window and the window takes up the entire screen.

2) Flash player full screen mode. This is where you click on full screen on a video in twitch tv or youtube, and the video takes up the entire screen.

OS X native full screen is the one which stays in full screen when you click on another screen because it is apple's software and they support it. Flash player for whatever reason, refuses to stay in full screen when you want to use another screen. Basically, don't worry about it, your computer is fine. Someone else might know a fix, but I don't think that there is one.

5. Sicutz thread starter macrumors member

OK, I understand.

But if I use the first option, is there a way to do something on the second screen?

My macbook screen just turns grey - not what I want.

6. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

You need to upgrade to OS X 10.9.3, which is free in the mac app store. Just search for "OS X" on the MAS and install "OS X Mavericks." Then, you will be able to use multiple screens while in full screen mode.

7. Sicutz thread starter macrumors member

I´m using Mavericks!

How do I do that?

Edit:

OK, I can pull a new tab into the "grey" window (macbook display), but am I able to use a different app into the second screen while fullscreen mode?

8. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

The way it works for me is I put an app like safari in full screen mode on screen A. Then screen B is left exactly as it was. I can then use other apps on screen B, or put another app into full screen mode on screen B. Hopefully that makes sense.

9. Sicutz thread starter macrumors member

If I go cmd+shift+f the second monitor turns "grey".

If I go F3 I can see: Dashboard, Desk and the app into fullscreen. I can tab out of the app which is in the fullscreen mode and use other apps, but the app in fullscreen mode is invisible, but "active", sound from my twitch.tv stream is still there.

Hope you understand what I mean.

10. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

Hmm, that's strange. It isn't supposed to do that. Try going into system preferences and clicking on "Mission Control," then make sure that "Displays have separate spaces" is checked off.

11. Sicutz thread starter macrumors member

Nice!

Now it works.

:)