fullscreen safari WITH autohide dock - possible?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by moveright, Apr 19, 2012.

1. moveright macrumors member

because my MBA13 is short on screen space, I like the idea of full screen safari however, when I do that, my dock remains at the bottom and takes up a huge slice down there. if I autohide the dock, in safari, the dock won't pop up period. it pops up if I'm not in safari though.

What gives? What's the preferred screen setup for those with the MBA13 in terms of making the most out of a smaller screen? how do some of you prefer your setup? autohiding dock, fullscreen apps, etc?

Thanks!

2. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

When Safari (and mail, etc) are in the "full screen" mode, you can 3-finger slide the windows sideways to jump between them (or do a 4-finger full up sweep to iconize them for selection and show your desktop. Sweep down to restore the current full-screen app). If you sweep all the full-screen apps to the right, you will reach your desktop which will have your dock in the location you prefer.

I put my dock on the left edge with the small screens to maximize the vertical space.

3. bogatyr macrumors 65816

Push the mouse against the edge of the screen where your dock is hidden. It'll unhide after a couple seconds.

4. ericDylan macrumors regular

when i am in fullscreen the dock hides even if i have autohide unchecked (which is always bc i like mine always visible except in full screen)

When you are in a fullscreen app, just move your mouse to the bottom with a trackpad and then move it further down if that makes sense. Like once you get to the bottom of the screen keep moving your finger down and the dock will appear.

In fullscreen, the dock should never appear unless doing the above.

5. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Are you sure you're clicking "full screen" and not "maximize"? There is a little arrow icon on the upper right corner of the window. Use that, rather than the + icon on the left.

Just making sure ;)

6. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

When you're in full screen the dock will hide no matter what (if you're on Lion). Just click the arrow at the top right to go fullscreen.

7. moveright thread starter macrumors member

Thank you. I think I've got it now.