Fullscreen Slideshow-App?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Calico., Feb 26, 2012.

1. Calico. macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm desperately looking for an iPhone-App to display a slideshow of my pictures with *manual* advance to the next picture and fullscreen support with the Apple Digital (HDMI) AV-Adapter.

The iOS 5 slideshow feature almost does this, but it quits fullscreen-mode when touching the display to swipe to the next photo.

I don't need nor want any fancy transition effects, sounds, etc. pp. Just a simple fullscreen slideshow. Does anybody know an app that does this?

2. Calico. thread starter macrumors newbie

Am I the only one with this problem? Or is there no solution? Maybe it's time to fire up Xcode.

3. Calico. thread starter macrumors newbie

Implementation should be simple, as I'm not looking for many features. I can't find any information about the fullscreen API though (at least on https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/). Can somebody give me a pointer?

4. iphoneapper macrumors newbie

PM me if you would like any help designing this application. I am an iPhone developer and your idea sounds good!

5. Calico. thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not "eligibility" to send PMs yet (I guess I need more posts). But I really do appreciate your help. I started a Proof-of-Concept application (https://github.com/CalicoJR/FullscreenSlideshow) which displays an image within an UIImageView-Control.

Now the hard part: I couldn't find anything about how to display the image fullscreen using the AV adapter. Can you tell me where to get information about that? Some tutorial or API documentation?

p.s.: I really like Xcode and Objective-C (at least what I've seen so far...)

6. Calico. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Have you tried it? Oh, I just noticed you're the developer, so i guess yes ;-)
    Have you tried it with the (digital) AV-Adapter or with the (analog) AV-Composite-Cable?

7. Calico. thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe I should clarify: I want to display them in fullscreen on the TV or beamer in 1920x1080 or 1280x720 (which is both larger than the iPhone 4 resolution). The Apple slideshow feature does this, but I haven't found an official or unofficial API to do that in an application.

8. Calico. thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you affiliated with the developer? Your post is almost the same as his...