General FullScroll update fixes Twitter and swipe gesture bugs

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SolidBill, May 12, 2013.

1. SolidBill macrumors newbie

Title says it all. Today's update includes fixes for the Twitter issue and issues with swipe gestures being difficult to activate, as well as several other fixes and optimizations. I can confirm that Twitter is fixed! :D

http://rpetri.ch/cydia/fullscroll/changelog.html

2. TC25 macrumors 68020

Help me understand how you missed this thread, on the same topic, on the front page? :confused:

3. SolidBill, May 12, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013

SolidBill thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't miss it. In fact, I've been following that thread and searched before posting just to be sure there were no others that I missed. If you look at the times, that thread was updated announcing the update a few minutes after my post.

If I were somebody who was not following that thread (which has a vague title, by the way), and didn't use Twitter (how I discovered the update), I wouldn't have known about the update. I don't really see how any harm is done by posting a separate thread putting the information that, I think, many people were waiting for right in front of them without having to dig through a vaguely titled thread that isn't really focused on any specific issue(s).

P.S. Thanks for the bump!

4. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

You didn't search. I know this because that's EXACTLY how I pulled up that ongoing thread, a thread solely discussing fullscroll. I typed in "fullscroll" in the search text box and the thread popped right up. There are only 3 threads that even mention fullscroll: your duplicate thread, the main thread discussing fullscroll, and some YouTube thread . Had you searched you would have found the thread. It's not that big a deal. Unfortunately duplicate threads happen all the time. Just gets annoying for daily members who would prefer to keep things organized. Hopefully a mod will merge the two threads because you included the link to the changelog which is useful. Thanks for that.

5. SolidBill thread starter macrumors newbie

I searched, found the other FullScroll thread, saw that that thread (which I've been following closely, as mentioned in my earlier post) had not been updated, and figured a more to-the-point post would benefit somebody.

I don't considerate it a duplicate post, again, because the title of that thread isn't descriptive at all and somebody looking for information on FullScroll being updated would have a much easier time finding the information if they searched for "FullScroll" and a thread titled "FullScroll update fixes Twitter and swipe gesture bugs" popped up. Am I wrong?

Either way, you're right in saying that it's not a big deal. Just seems to me some people spend more time trying to call people out for things than actually contributing to the community, which is all I was trying to do.

6. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

The point is to cut back on clutter as topics never get purged here.

7. TC25 macrumors 68020

Everyone who posts a duplicate thread always has a good excuse. They all boil down to irrelevant rationalization by people who believe what they have to say is so important it deserves its own thread.