Fully making the transition from pc to mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by hunsor, Jul 29, 2012.

1. hunsor macrumors newbie

I've decided to get a macbook air for college. But I don't know how to move my music from the zune software in my pc to the itunes in my macbook. I was going to try putting the music into an external hard drive but my macbook won't recognize the drive. Is there any way I can move my music into my macbook from a microsoft pc?

2. GREEN4U macrumors 6502a

Could you try a USB stick?

Congrats on getting a Mac. Over the past decade, I've seen many of my close friends/family members switch over to Mac, and based on what they've told me, I don't think they're ever going back to PC. It brings tears to my eyes.

3. raphaeltecsonmd macrumors newbie

try reformatting your external drive

Hello new macbook user! First of all, I would like to congratulate you for making a wise decision of crossing over from pc to the world of mac. Secondly, you could try reformatting your external hard drive in FAT format because FAT is the only type of format that both PC and Mac can recognize. Mac will not recognize your hard drive if it was formatted in NTFS. Hope this helps... :)

4. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Do this, make sure the external hard drive is in FAT format. After that, just drop all your .mp3 there, then drag and drop them into iTunes. I switched over last year, though I still use windows via bootcamp to use one program I need for business, I have not missed windows as much as I thought I would, OSx is really nice. Though may I suggest hyperdock, you can get it in the Mac App Store. It gives you windows previews when you hover your mouse over the icon in dock, like windows does. That was the big feature I missed, but this app plugged that in.

5. stockscalper macrumors 6502a

stockscalper

Download Double Twist. It's a free app that will move your music from the Zune to the MacBook Air and preserve your named playlists.