Fully remove a Trial to reinstall

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AFPoster, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AFPoster macrumors 65816

I am not trying to cheat the system in no way I am just curious about this. I installed the "Free Trial" of Microsoft 2011 and when I started to use it I made an error in Outlook so I went to remove it to redo it's settings. When I did that it made me reinstall Office to get that app back and then I lost my trial after 3 days.

So does anyone know how to completely remove this software to get the trial back to try it out for the 30 days?

Thanks

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

this question comes up now and then. No one is going to admit how to do it as it's aiding cheating, regardless of whether or not you are cheating.

3. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

Have you tried with AppCleaner?

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Apps like Appcleaner or cleanmymac are junk. Better off going through the library and manually deleting the files.

5. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

I've done this when I had a Microsoft rep walk me through the process, it just didn't work. The trial icon never pops up anymore. I'll try Appcleaner, even if it's junk it might just work.

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

programs like appcleaner and cleanmymac can way overclean and you can wind up with an unbootable system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.