Fun, Easy RPG's with Female Heroine??

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by ArtRock.com, Sep 19, 2009.

1. ArtRock.com macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I'm new to the forum, so sorry if this question is over-posted... I have a MacBook running OS X.5. . . My HD is 320GB and I don't know the processor speed.

Anyway, I want a fun, easy to play role playing game. I've been playing Dragon Warrior III for the gameboy on my computer for ever. Ever since I found the game boy emulator.

DWIII is a great game because I can make up my own story to fit in with it. There's so many different classes of characters (joker, thief, cleric, witch, warrior, fighter, mage, merchant, and here). . . plus the story line changes a little tiny bit depending on whether you are a girl or guy.

I know this is a very old simple game, but I want to play something just as fun! something where I can explore worlds without dying too much, and something with an interesting story line. Buying weapons, healing, fighting, and travelling shouldn't take up too much time.

Is there a game like this?

2. riggaz15 macrumors newbie

3. Nate025 macrumors regular

There's no port for mac, Windows/Xbox only, but Dreamfall: The Longest Journey is a really nice looking game from a few years ago which has a great storyline, minimal fighting, and a female lead.

4. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Small Typo = Big Difference

FYI:

Heroine = female character with the qualities of a hero

Heroin = nasty drug that ruins people's lives and in some cases kills them

On a side note, I loved the original Dragon Warrior on the first release Nintendo. I haven't thought about that game in forever. :) I might have to check out this emulator thing you are talking about. How does it work?

5. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

Kult: Heretic Kingdoms is a nice RPG that isn't too hardcore and has a strong female lead.

6. lewdvig macrumors 65816

Most good RPGs allow you to select a male or female character.

Knight of the Old Republic, Jade Empire and Neverwinter Nights are all great.