Fun/Game Software for Toddler for OSX, something fullscreen he cant hurt? VERY simple

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sean Dempsey, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

I have an Autistic 4 year old, and I just got him an eMac. He can't really use it, but he likes to hit the keyboard and move the mouse around. I think he could figure out how to use the mouse if there was some game or something for him to use.

Are there any games or programs where the keys and mouse just do things like, change colors, make sounds, make things move? Something that's more of just a full screen toy, not really a game with objectives or scores or something.

Basically, something for little kids just so he can learn that the keyboard and mouse make the computer do stuff. Does this make any sense?

2. Sean Dempsey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

bump.

I am even thinking of doing a simple, full screen flash game that's basically just colors and shapes that move when you click and hit the keys.

3. atmenterprises macrumors regular

I don't know if the eMac can run Flash very well, but I found an online Crayola app that is pretty much full-screen and while it doesn't use the keyboard, it does use the mouse.

http://www.crayola.com/coloring_application/

I have an autistic child too. Wrote a little Java app to teach her how to use the keyboard and learn the alphabet at the same time.