Fun HD videos shot by iPhone 4 (New video added!!)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by milerich, Aug 15, 2010.

1. milerich macrumors regular

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Very nice. good job

One of the first Apps that I bought specifically for my iPhone 4 was iMovie, but I have yet to go anywhere to record enough footage to make a decent movie.

3. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Very cool. That's about a mile or two from where I live. :)

4. milerich thread starter macrumors regular

Small world! I actually live about 120 miles from there, but we were visiting my parents for the weekend :D

5. milerich thread starter macrumors regular

Just try something around the house. iMovie is very easy to use, and pretty amazing. Of course there are things I would love to have them add, such as more themes, volume ducking, and watermarking, but it is solid as is.

6. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Did you visit the Ardmore Apple store? I really love that town. They're building a train station there that looks absolutely phenomenal.

7. milerich thread starter macrumors regular

Ardmore is awesome. We ate at Gulliftys Saturday night. I have only been to the Apple store in King of Prussia.

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I've used it a couple times already, I filmed my 1 yr old dog and 2 kittens wrestle with each other and varies other things around the house, but in two weeks I'll be going down to Las Vegas for a wedding, so I will definitely be filming that trip.

I also agree about the Audio Ducking, I would like to have control over that.

9. milerich thread starter macrumors regular

Las Vegas would definitely make a good movie. I go to San Diego this fall, and will be trying to find the time to make a movie of the highlights of the city.

10. milerich thread starter macrumors regular

11. GDVI macrumors regular

GDVI

12. milerich thread starter macrumors regular

Nice. I will try to make a scotch video tomorrow night!

13. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

It still amazes me that you can record memories with a phone, in HD and edit it.

Sure the quality isn't amazing, but it rivals those crappy hand held home video cameras.

By the way, I would recommend keeping the phone a bit steady and letting the subject move rather than the cameraman move, because if you move, you give power to the rolling shutter issue found in all CMOS based cameras.

14. milerich thread starter macrumors regular

Good advice. I wonder if I could modify my steadycam to mount my iP4 for shots that require movement of the camera.

Sounds like something I will have to investigate tonight :D

15. milerich thread starter macrumors regular

I am going to go with the gorilla mobile tripod when they come out with one for the iPhone 4. Should be able to wrap it around my steady cam. :D

16. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

same 'problem' here ;)

i ended up importing all the random 'focus testing' 'low light testing' concept recordings into one project and it still looked amazing :D

17. milerich thread starter macrumors regular