Fun MBP App I found

queshy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
It's called MacSaber.

"MacSaber uses your Mac's sudden motion sensor to detect movements, fast and slow. As you move your laptop, MacSaber plays varying levels of Light Saber sound effects, from a waving sound to exciting saber crashes.
MacSaber 1.1 includes support for backlit keyboards. Various amounts of force create brighter flashes of the backlight."

Try it! It's hilarious.

you can find it here:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/21732

MaddieBrad

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2007
New York City
It's called MacSaber.

"MacSaber uses your Mac's sudden motion sensor to detect movements, fast and slow. As you move your laptop, MacSaber plays varying levels of Light Saber sound effects, from a waving sound to exciting saber crashes.
MacSaber 1.1 includes support for backlit keyboards. Various amounts of force create brighter flashes of the backlight."

Try it! It's hilarious.

you can find it here:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/21732

Just what I want to do... swing my 3K notebook around like a light saber.

:::Visions of the whole Nintendo Wii fiasco entering my mind:::

Can you picture people sending in pictures of MBP's stuck into the wall? Or People with black eyes and dented heads from their friends chucking a MBP into them?

Hehe.

B

ScottDrummer

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2007
Canada
there are a whole range of apps that make use of the accelerometer in the macs, some more useful than others but im certainly not gonna be throwing my mac around

queshy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
lol, obviously, but you can try gently moving it side to side while being extremely gentle (that's what I did). It's pretty cool, actually.

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
It was the first thing I downloaded when I got my Core Duo macbook 12 months ago, and I still have it just to show off every now and again. :eek:

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
There's a game or two I came across that uses the motion sensors.

You have to roll a ball down a hill by tilting your MBP left, right etc. Was tricky!