Fun screen capture challenge...

psycho bob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2003
Leeds, England
Ok guys and gals I've been playing around on my Powerbook trying to capture the ripple effect that opening a new widget produces using Grab. Even when I think the timing is correct the resultant image shows no ripple, I'm coming to the conclusion that unlike some of the other OS X effects this one cannot be captured.

The challenge is to either prove me right or wrong and if you do manage it post your successful Grab here :)

Good luck!

psycho bob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2003
Leeds, England
It can be done...

This is the best one I've managed so far, can you guys do better?

For some reason using the timed screen option in Grab with the Dashboard in view prevents the menu bar being recorded. A quirk I guess.

Attachments

psycho bob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2003
Leeds, England
stridey said:
I can't test, since I'm on an iBook, but maybe you'd get better results from the command-shift-3 key combination (rather than the grab app)?
Good advice a vast improvement I always forget the short cuts for screen grabs.

Attachments

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
psycho bob said:
Good advice a vast improvement I always forget the short cuts for screen grabs.
Wow, yours came out great. The thin ones like phonebook and dictionary seem to make the best ones. I used the command keys because I can hold them down while dropping the widget.

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Here is my first attempt. I'll attempt again and maybe clean up the desktop a little :)

psycho bob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2003
Leeds, England
njmac said:
Here is my first attempt. I'll attempt again and maybe clean up the desktop a little :)
That came out nice. Excuse my ignorance but what is the iCliplite widget used for? It looks interesting.