Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lil Chillbil

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
California
Hi again after working for that school setting up a computer lab I got another job. This time I will be building 3 computers for a church and they also need a small macintosh computer. The current options are original mac mini,500mhz g4 cube or a imac g4 15 inch model.

any more ideas would be welcome that I may have missed

Hrududu

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2008
Central US
What is it going to do? What sorts of tasks would an 11 year old Cube and a Mac Mini both be the same at doing?

Last edited:

Hrududu

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2008
Central US
Well, driving dual displays with Mac Mini may be your biggest challenge here. You can add a video card to the Cube that will give you two video outputs (one for your desk display, and one for the projector) pretty cheap. I guess the thing I would be most concerned about is reliability of any really old computer. I love my Cube, but I know there is a good chance the PSU could die at any given moment and then I'd be stuck trying to secure one off eBay. The iMac can mirror displays which should be fine if you're just doing PowerPoint shows. I'd go with whichever is easier to get at the price you want to pay. Of course, a really fast 15" iMac may be more money, but that extra CPU power may be a winner in the end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.