Fun things to Customize Safari

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Ok, I was just playing around and I found out some neat tricks to do with Safari or whatever you want. See the stop button in the pdf? I changed that. I know its not good, but I'll teach you how you can change basically anything in Safari:

Go to your Applications folder, Control Click on Safari, next go to Show Package Contents, Go to Contents, go to Resources, see all the tif files? Be sure you back those up before making any changes. I copied them to my desktop to a folder and renamed the ones I changed to name_old.tif Finally close safari and open it again, there you go. Now see my dumb stop button?

EDIT: Here's on that I changed on the Search Snap Back, I like it better like this.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
slooksterPSV said:
Ok, I was just playing around and I found out some neat tricks to do with Safari or whatever you want. See the stop button in the pdf? I changed that. I know its not good, but I'll teach you how you can change basically anything in Safari:

Go to your Applications folder, Control Click on Safari, next go to Show Package Contents, Go to Contents, go to Resources, see all the tif files? Be sure you back those up before making any changes. I copied them to my desktop to a folder and renamed the ones I changed to name_old.tif Finally close safari and open it again, there you go. Now see my dumb stop button?
you can do this with any application, and the easiest way to do it is to use candybar, which allows you to change the system icons, app icons, and icons such as these in individual apps ;) :D

Comment