Fun Things To Do In Walmart

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iranintoavan, Mar 12, 2008.

1. iranintoavan macrumors regular

iranintoavan

Walmart is the greatest place to go when your bored at night cause theres always fun stuff to do. Last night me and some of my buddy's were there for some late night snacks and we bet my friend $20 bucks he wouldn't party boy down the isle through walmart in a thong.

Heres a video, it's hilarious. He circled some guy and his cart during it lol.

Anyone else have funny story's of things happening at walmart and or some other store?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

A fun thing to do a Wal*Mart is... To Burn it Down. Or you can steal anything under $24.99 and not get charged for shoplifting.

TEG

TEG does not endorce or condine Arson or Robbery, this post is for sitirical purposes only. TEG does however recomend suing Wal*Mart for crimes against Humanity.

3. iranintoavan thread starter macrumors regular

iranintoavan

I've heard about that, is it true?

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

It was major news a few years when they raised the threashold from $9.99 to $24.99.

TEG

5. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

6. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

That or a pack of gum. :D

7. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

Wal-mart no longer does layaway. The most fun I've ever had at Wal-mart was leaving the store.

8. Green2Delta macrumors member

A group of friends and I used to go into wal-marts and one of my buddies would pretend he was retarded. We would put him in one of those complimentary wheelchairs. He would drool and and grunt and moan and grab people as we wheeled him by, sometimes he would even grab clothing racks and pull them down and knock them completely over. We would always apologize profusely to anyone he touched, and to the staff if he ever knocked anything over. We would always yell at him and say something like "Jimmy (not his real name), if you keep this up we're gonna lock you in the basement again!" We always got alot of odd looks. :D
    Fun stuff.

9. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

Funny and Not funny at the same time, you know?:eek::(

10. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

It's not big, clever or funny. It's quite sad, actually.

(Go ahead with the "get a sense of humour" posts, I've got thick skin.)

11. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

What you gotta do is make a phone book contact on your phone, as the name put a message like "Big Brother is watching u" and send it via Bluetooth to whoever comes up (Sony Ericssons are best)...

12. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

I feel that if you were to lay out all the bad and good things Wal-Mart has done over the years, I feel they would come out on top, especially economically for us as a whole.

Because Wal-Mart Corporate Office is 20 minutes from me, I have put extra thought into my position on Wal-Mart. They are a double edged sword but also a savior for many American families.

The Wal-Mart Effect and Penn & Teller's Bullsh*t episode on Wal-Mart are both very informative. On this site though we will probably find more people who hate Wal-Mart then like it, which puts me in the minority.

jon

13. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

14. Karstan macrumors member

15. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

Your friend did that for only $20?? I would have wanted more money:D

Petty funny though-- would have enjoyed seeing the reactions of some of the other customers!

16. gonyr macrumors 6502

The best thing you can possibly do at that s**thole is leave. Or better yet, never go in at all.

I would rather pay extra for something than support the evil empire of low priced, child-labor-produced, craptastic garbage. Not to mention all their anti-union activity and their employees forced to get by on public assistance.

17. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Hurray for misinformed crap!

I agree with iJon. A lot of wal*mart bashing comes from misinformation, like, "OMG WALMART USES SLAVE LABOR IN COUNTRIES LIKE CHINA AND STUFF." But what they fail to realise is the fact that wal*mart gives the employees over there generally better pay and working conditions than the alternatives they have. Wal*Mart is not perfect; no major corporation is. However, if you really take a good look at the good vs. bad, I think you'd find that Wal*Mart is not this horribe, all-evil entity some people make it out to be. That said, supporting local businesses is always good, but if your reasoning behind shopping locally is not to support local business, but because of misinformed "craptastic garbage" like some people here are spewing, you've got it all wrong.

Also, don't EVER steal or destroy ANYTHING that belongs to someone else. No matter how big or "Evil" a corporation is, your weapon is your voice, and whenever you step into the realm of thievery and destruction, you've crossed the line.

18. aethelbert macrumors 601

Wow. That made my day. Thank you.

19. Saikou macrumors 6502

Saikou

I am going to agree. That was awesome

20. iranintoavan thread starter macrumors regular

iranintoavan

Yeah, I'm not really against walmart either. I mean they do their job good, I get low priced crap. In general, they help us all out. I just think its a fun place to go at night and do funny stuff like this. I mean if I worked there, I would be glad to have some kids doing something funny to brighten up my day.

21. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

I'm not a fan.

I dislike their labor practices. I dislike the way they undercut local stores. I dislike the number of poor quality foreign goods they sell. I dislike the salt solution they inject their meats with. I dislike their abandoned stores. I dislike their health care plans for their employees. I dislike lots of things about Wal-Mart.

And yes, I do vote with my wallet. Every single time I pass by one of their stores.

22. Green2Delta macrumors member

Do you say that because you're offended that someone would pretend to be mentally disabled, and therefore feel that we were "poking fun" at mentally disabled people? We were just a bunch of stupid high school kids that were bored. That was a long time ago. You can honestly tell me that you've never done stupid stuff when you were a kid? I haven't done that stuff in years.

23. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I said it simply because I don't find it funny or clever. I'm more of a QI comedy viewer than a Jackass viewer.

Yes, I did stupid stuff when I was younger, but I was more likely to be playing football in the local park than annoying people at the local shop.

24. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Don't worry, I've done the same thing when I was younger. Granted we didn't act retarted, grab people and knock over merchandise. We would just have a friend act blind and they would bump into things.

Very funny at the time. Not so much now.

jon

25. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

What passes for humor in this thread is no different than the dad getting hit in the crotch by the son on a America's Funniest Home Videos clip.