Fun time waster thread: How do you protect your Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by peapody, Jul 21, 2008.

1. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Not looking for advice or anything here. Just wanted to see how people are protecting their MBPs. I did a search for threads, a search for posts, and a mroogle search but I don't believe this topic has been posted in this capacity before.

Anyway, post your set up - just for fun and out of boredom! I will start:

I have 15" 2.16 C2D with full body bestskinsever, moshi palmguard, stm glove case, northface borealis.

ALSO: I have been looking for a trackpad protector as well - finger oils can wear down the pad and make it shiny - which I HATE. A quick google popped up skin styler trackpad protector. Just thought it was kind of fun and worth sharing.

2. wozza macrumors newbie

I have a 15" macbook pro, 2.6ghz, 4gb ram, 512mb video.

I have had it a month, and it hasn't been outside of my house. I will however be buying lots of different bits when I go to uni to keep it in perfect condition!

3. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I have the macbook pro that's on my sig and I use a waterfield sleeve when I take my macbook pro outside.

4. marvel2 macrumors 6502

5. andrewisnot macrumors member

andrewisnot

I transport to and from work everyday with a Brenthaven Prolite III Shoulder Case. No protective films or shells for me.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I have my computer in a 3-inch thick titanium box with custom velvet and cotton stuffed padding, certified to 2000 m and transported in an armored truck with 2 security guards.

7. jadedxsyn macrumors member

I use the moshi palm guard & trackpad protector and an iskin keyboard cover..

8. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

Pelican case.

no but really, a Marware Sportfolio + bottom half of speck hard shell. Depending on whether i'm eating or not or the environment i may put on the iSkin keyboard cover.

9. Flobber88 macrumors regular

10. SpookyLars macrumors 6502

I use Tucano, works great.
    BTW. Hello from newbie and happy user of MBP :D

11. peapody thread starter macrumors 68040

peapody

Hmm that one is interesting. The bottom half of a speck huh?

The keyboard skin is a good idea. I am pretty anal about my stuff - don't get me wrong, I enjoy my things, but I love clean and pristine gear.

12. trek1500 macrumors member

trek1500

So far with an incase sleeve..I like the portability of it and the fact that you can slip it in a knapsack. It looks cool too!

I just got mine recently and can't stop looking at it. Apple truly does rule design wise...simple yet elegant..

I have 2 desktops, 2 laptops and a work laptop besides my new Macbook Pro and the MBP has quickly become my favorite...prior to that it was my Fujitsu 17"...mainly because of the outstanding display!

13. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

14. lordthistle macrumors 6502

I use the very same foam presented to the world in the movie "Demolition Man". It's very effective.

- thistle

15. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

yea i just use the bottom half cause i'm mainly afraid of my pants scratching the bottom of the macbook. and for good reason, the shell is pretty scratched up. I dont plan on putting anything on top of my macbook, so i dont really use the upper. Also gives me a degree more of screen angle.

some people call me anal, but i like to protect my investment. Call me crazy. :) If i had a IBM or Dell i wouldn't care.

16. MusicallySilent macrumors member

When I get mine (waiting for refresh) I will likely put a BestSkinEver or Invisible Sheild on the Top and Bottom for scratches, and contemplate the wristrest one but I likely wont use it just because that area isnt likely to get scratched and the plastic would likely be uncomfortable and looks stupid because it doesnt go above and below the trackpad so it just has two big plastic squares, if one completely covered that area minus trackpad/button I would use it

Then it will either sit in a sleeve in a regular backpack or I will get a decent inexpensive laptop bag (since you can spend 30 bucks on a sleeve or 30 on laptop bag, bag is probably better use of money)

If I get thinkpad (alternative) no protection since the plastic on those doesn't really scratch and they are so durable, but I have heard so many stories about MBPs scratching in airport bins and [sarcasm]from looking at them wrong[/sarcasm]

17. peapody thread starter macrumors 68040

peapody

Take a look at moshi palmguard.

I have a thinkpad as an ultraportable and it has a moshi palmgaurd on it (I cut it from the one for the macbook), and a macstyles turntable skin. It looks pretty sharp. Too bad they don't make fun things for PCs like the do for macs.

18. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I keep mine in a case. Always take the MBP out carefully and wipe down the area before I set it down.
    I have yet to get one scratch on it.

19. Rivix macrumors 6502a

Rivix

By not buying one yet, I figure no one can steal it.

20. buyusfear macrumors 6502

Black incase hardshell case, Marware wrist gaurd, and Dakine 101 backpack..

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The pack has a zipper compartment for a 15'' notebook.
    [​IMG]

21. peapody thread starter macrumors 68040

peapody

^^ That is pretty sexy. I would get the incase if it weren't so $$$, and added bulk.

How is the marware? I hear mixed reviews about it.

22. ebayhelp macrumors member

bestskins ever

when i sell my ti 89 titanium calculator on ebay,

:D incase hardshell HERE I GO!

23. buyusfear macrumors 6502

The marware is awesome. Couldn't imagine what the mixed reviews would be about it, as it's a pretty straight forward deal.

The incase is an awesome deal IMO, and is only $49, which when you think of it, isn;t too expensive. It looks awesome in person, feels realy quality to the touch, and fits like a glove.

for a 2k notebook, I figured why not?

24. ebayhelp macrumors member

how do i make it so that there is a quick reply kinda thing isntead of always having to click on reply?

anyways imma just get an external usb keyboard by apple slim one aluminum one lol

uhm can anyone tell me if they're any good or what?