Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vntrueloves

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
I have just bought new mba 13' mid 2011. I have ticked "automatically illuminate keyboard when low lights" and time for turn off the keyboard backlit is 30 seconds, but when my MBA is under full light condition or even "under the sun", the keyboard is still lighted up.
Please teach me how to resolve this issue and don't tell me reinstall new OS because I have just upgraded to Lion 10.7.2 with very long time of downloading.
Thanks all in advance.

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2011
I have this problem also. I'm not sure if it is the intended function but in system keyboard settings it is set to never go off.

Perhaps try changing it to 2 mins for example. It should come back on with a swipe of the track pad I assume.

Dunbar

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I just noticed my keyboard light turning off and on in daylight with that box checked after upgrading to 10.7.2. Prior to that I never noticed it doing that so I unchecked the box. The ambient light sensor is on the 2011 MBA's sucks which makes the automatic screen brightness is WAY too fidgety too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.