Function Keys Not Adjusting Brightness

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by rosemary1, Dec 28, 2011.

1. rosemary1 macrumors regular

My F1 and F2 keys haven't been working to adjust the screen brightness. Is there a logical reason for why this may be?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

A setting may have gotten changed, try pressing the fn key and then changing the brightness.

3. rosemary1 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, that would be what isn't working.

4. Trav29 macrumors member

When changing brightness you don't have to use the fn key. Just click F1 or F2.

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

There is a setting to make it so that the fn key must be pressed to use any of the other functions, like change the brightness/volume/track, of the function keys.

6. rosemary1 thread starter macrumors regular

The issue has nothing to do with the fn key. All the other functions work. F1 and F2 to change the screen brightness does not. This doesn't make sense, so I thought maybe there was a hidden setting that might be preventing the ability to adjust the brightness.

EDIT: Adjusting the volume via the function keys also doesn't seem to be working.

7. spitboy2000 macrumors member

i am having exact same problem -- brightness and volume keys not working, FN button not the problem. Thoughts?

8. gioiamarco macrumors newbie

Exactly same problem me too.. in add also Play/Pause FF-RW keys don't work. Any advice?!?