Function keys within Fusion

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by 617arg, Apr 1, 2008.

1. 617arg macrumors 6502

Hello, does anyone know how to use the function keys while in Fusion? I'm using Autocad and need functionality of them while using it within Fusion, but they activate OS X functions.

This, and enabling "pan" with the middle mouse button, rather than dashboard, seem to be the last two hurdles before I can fully use the Mac for my work.

Thanks for any help.

2. OrganMusic macrumors 6502

+1 on this question. I have the two boxes under keyboard/mouse to enable macos shortcuts UNCHECKED, which did get the ctrl-click to function correctly and stops f-keys from doing their osx things, but I still have to press Fn- to get f-keys to do anything.

Is there something I'm missing?

3. greenalien macrumors newbie

I'd like to know how to do this too. Any progress on this? I'm using a Macbook Pro.

By default "Enable Mac OS Keyboard Shortcuts" is enabled. I can't use the function keys. For example if I press F12 I increase the volume. If I press Fn+F12 is activates Dashboard.

If I untick this option, pressing F12 increases the volume (as before), and pressing Fn+F12 activates F12. So this is one step closer, but I don't want to have to press the Fn key every time because I use the function keys a lot in some Windows apps. Also, with this option unticked I can no longer press Cmd+Tab to cycle through the Mac apps, which is useful!

The keyboard mapping options could really do with being fleshed out in Fusion. I want one simple option to enable regular Function key use while Fusion has focus.

If I try to add a custom Key Mapping, I can't specify the function key as the "From", and I can't specify F1 through F7 for the "To". Only F8 onwards are given as options for some reason.

4. OrganMusic macrumors 6502

Thanks for bringing this up again, I forgot about this thread and am still looking for an answer as well. This shouldn't be rocket science.

5. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

Search or Post your question at this site to get an answer....

the VMWARE fusion forum will get back to your query promptly

http://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/desktop/fusion

Send Eric Tung (user id - etung) a message or post the question on the forum for all to see the answer.

And do use the current rev of Fusion 2.0.1

Good luck!

:cool:

6. jkeithmacpro macrumors newbie