FunctionFlip (toggle fn on/off) per application?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Lukus, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Lukus macrumors member

Hi guys

Sorry for the bad thread title, finding it hard to explain what I'm after in one line :)

Basically, with certain software/games, I'd like to be able to use the function keys (F1 etc) as they are without having to press fn. But, outside of these specified applications, I'd like the function keys to behave in the standard way (brightness, volume etc).

I have come across 2 apps that almost do what I need. Firstly, FunctionFlip allows you to turn the use of fn on and off, but it has no 'per application' setting to automatically switch depending on the software I'm using.

I also found a small AppleScript called fn (clicky) which sits in the dock allowing you to turn the need for fn on and off. Same as FunctionFlip though, there's nothing that will do this automatically for me based on the current app.

Am I too hopeful in thinking there might be something out there that can do what I'm after?

Thanks a lot for your help. Please get back if you want any more details.
    Lukus

2. jcksnps4 macrumors newbie

I know this is an old post, but I came across something that may help. Using the core script from the clicky link posted above, that can be added to a program link Keyboard Maestro to create a macro that runs the script prior to launching the app. I know it may not be ideal.